Find your profile ID (required for profile specific broadcasts):
1. com.applay.overlay.profile.SHOW – Show a profile. Must specify “ProfileId:ID” extra.
2. com.applay.overlay.profile.HIDE – Hide a profile. Must specify “ProfileId:ID” extra.
3. com.applay.overlay.profile.TOGGLE – Toggle profile state. Must specify “ProfileId:ID” extra.
4. com.applay.overlay.app.START – Start Overlays background services.
5. com.applay.overlay.app.STOP – Stop Overlays background services.
6. com.applay.overlay.profile.MINIMIZE – Minimize an expanded profile. Must specify “ProfileId:ID” extra.
7. com.applay.overlay.profile.EXPAND – Expand a minimized profile. Must specify “ProfileId:ID” extra.
Example: Intent showProfile = new Intent("com.applay.overlay.profile.SHOW");
You can also send broadcast using Tasker or any other 3rd party application.
Have a profile you use a lot and want it to be available anytime without the need to float anything prior or leaving your current application and start Overlays? Long press the Home button to toggle it!
So… You’re using Overlays and loving it BUT sometimes, the profile’s overlays are in the way and the last thing you want to do is to close your currently running application, open Overlays and switch off the annoying profile.
Sometimes you want a profile to float everywhere except when you’re in a specific application. For example, you created a profile that floats the Gmail widget everywhere but you want it to disappear when you open the Gmail application. Well, now you can!
With Overlays, we’re trying to keep the application as open as it can be and give you, the user, control of everything. Besides the settings per overlay, we’ve added some application settings that enables you to choose how things work and look.
With Overlays, you can create as much profiles as you want. This way, you don’t have to re-create and re-arrange your widgets every time you feel like changing something.
You can turn off/on every profile or shut them all down!